Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
We offer dispute resolution services through litigation and various alternative forms of dispute resolution. The breadth and depth of our partners’ pragmatic experience and their civil and commercial practice has earned the firm a reputation in the traditional method of resolving disputes through litigation. We provide pragmatic advice about the merits of a case and explore options for its resolution.
Our litigation arm generally offers:
- Representation in the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal, High Court, subordinate courts and statutory tribunals where the client brief so requires; and
- Advisory and representation in all our areas of practice which include but are not limited to banking laws and regulations, civil and commercial litigation, employment disputes, contentious probate and administration of estates, divorce, and judicial review of administrative acts, advisory opinions, appellate litigation, and children custody disputes.
- We recognise many clients prefer to achieve an early consensual resolution and in these cases we carry out a sound evaluation of both the legal and reputational risks of each case, seeking the best alternative dispute resolution mechanism for the transaction in question.
Our Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) arm offers:
- Legal representation services in all forms of ADR. We offer first-rate and pragmatic legal advice in both international and domestic arbitration proceedings. Our team is experienced in representing parties in arbitration proceedings in all commercial sectors. Our lawyers have an excellent understanding of the arbitration procedure before various forums and will guide you through the entire process including the recognition and enforcement of the arbitral award; and
- ADR practitioner services as mediator, arbitrator and member of dispute adjudication boards.
Our senior partner is a co-founder of the Dispute Resolution Centre, now Strathmore Dispute Resolution centre (SDRC) housed at Strathmore Law School, through which some of our mediation services are offered; Strathmore Dispute Resolution Centre (SDRC) offers a range of techniques such as arbitration, mediation facilitation and med-arb to help clients resolve their disputes.